WorkSkills qualifications are based on national standards and are designed to help develop the skills used in everyday life as well as boosting a CV. The WorkSkills Certificate is currently available at Level 1 and Entry Level 3.
WorkSkills Certificate is appropriate for a diverse range of learners and support the widening participation and inclusive learning agenda. It is, therefore, suitable for a wide range of learners, such as:
– Those seeking to develop greater independence
– Those with specific learning disabilities
– Adults returning to study
– Those who have not yet achieved formal qualifications
– Those working towards adult literacy / numeracy qualifications in a vocational
or life skills context
The qualification gives learners the opportunity to acquire knowledge and understanding of a range of skills giving the learner a vocational experience of the world of work. It is designed as an introduction to the workplace and will enable progression to other learning/qualifications, which can confirm work-based competence. WorkSkills qualifications are offered on a regular basis at one of our learning centres.
Page updated: 2 April 2015