Improve your prospects
For many, the later years at school can be frustrating when all some people want to do is get out into the world, start working and earn a living. Likewise, if a person is already working, they may be looking to try something new altogether or to improve their skills and knowledge to help progress up the career ladder. Alternatively, they may also want to improve prospects of finding a job in a chosen industry.
Apprenticeships give the chance to do just that. They enable a person to stay in the world of work, earn a decent wage and learn new skills.
Apprenticeships offer a mixture of on and off the job training that provides people with the skills needed for a chosen career that will also lead to nationally-recognised qualifications. An Apprentice will learn on the job and do real jobs for real employers, and be paid while learning.
Learning and Skills Solutions are an accredited centre for Apprenticeships and offer programmes in:
- Customer Service
- Business and Administration
- Teaching and Learning in Schools
The Apprenticeship framework consists of the following elements:
- National Vocational Qualification – Consolidates the practical skills and industry knowledge that an Apprentice will learn while working.
- Technical Certificate – Tests the theoretical understanding of the business that you will have gained on the NVQ course.
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and sometimes ICT
Page updated: 22 November 2016